2013/04/12

Cute piece of Spain in Shanghai - Lunch at De Bellottas


When looking through SmartShanghai-guide there are several lunch promotions every day. Yesterday I decided to choose Spanish De Bellotas which is located in Xintiadi, aka. very close to my place with less than 15 min walking.




The lunch set was 50 RMB including salad, main dish and one drink. Already the outside of the restaurant is very cute, opening up into a small alley. Sun was shining today and it was nice and warm so there was couple of tables carried outside. I decided to go and sit inside to look around the place more carefully. Also the interior was small, maybe 8 tables in total but oh my gosh how cute it was!





The waitresses spoke good English and I was immediately noticed when I walked in. The lunch menu wasn’t that large but from my experience when restaurants focus only on couple things, those couple of things are done extremely well. This was the case also here. For the main dish I ended up with creamy chicken and mushroom pasta. All I can say that the pasta was perfectly prepared and the fact that I could see the preparation in front of me due to the open kitchen only brought value for the experience. The salad was very basic green salad but they are using their own mixture of balsamic and I guess at least there’s some sweet onion along. Anyway the balsamic was extremely tasty. On top of all the waitresses were wearing pig-shaped hoops in their ears which I find charming detail. This is a place where I will definitely return!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti