2013/04/03

Course platter in SHU - Study overflow


A bit more about my University studies. So first of all, I am studying in Business program and Chinese language until mid-May and after that only Chinese language 20 hours per week until July.

I had a huge problem of choosing which courses are interesting and which ones to take since all of those sounded good. My solution? I decided to go to all first lectures and then deciding which ones to choose. Result? All of those are still interesting so I am sticking with all of these. 

Class schedule

So my current course are:

Chinese Business Law: I have already taken the basics of Finnish business law so this one sounded definitely good course. And it surely is. The teacher is good and tells lots of examples about how to do business in China also asking how is the situation in Finland. Sometimes these lead into interesting side discussions, for example whether to have a holding company in China, Hong Kong or in British Virgin Islands.

Computer Networks: Basic course of digital networks, for example how 2G, 3G, GSM, Wi-Fi networks and internet are built. Basic level but includes also much of technical info.

Digital Communication systems: The development of communication system. How different kind of . Quite technical topic and needs some background info to understand.

E-Commerce: E-markets development focusing especially on China. On the first lecture we listened Justin Bieber J This course is together with French, German and Dutch students and the teacher is, krrhhm, expecting very little from us.

Chinese Culture: Chinese history and culture. Explains since the very very beginning the development of China. Very useful! Teacher knows a lot and makes good comparison to Europe from the era’s to clear examples.

Chinese Economics: This course focuses on how the modern China has built together. The beginning of course we focused on surviving the communist era and how the re-building process was carried out. Current topics are for example on the FDI development and how the Chinese markets currently operate. For me this very interesting and one of my favorite courses.

Chinese Language: Heh you can’t study in China without studying Chinese. 9 hours per week is efficient and the inspiring teacher gives a lot input. Like already stated in some of my previous post I totally like this!

Lesson outside

Homework for Chinese

These all takes in total around 35 hours of school per week (which is much for an exchange student I know) until that mid-May and afterwards 20 hours per week. In total this spring gives me around 50 ECTS which is actually more than I would normally get from my home Uni. Let’s see where I can put all of these courses in my study plan.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti