2013/04/11

Congo River exhibition at Shanghai Museum






My reason to return to Shanghai museum on Friday was the opening of the River Congo Exhibition. The exhibition is done in cooperation with some Paris African museum and is open in Shanghai now until June 2013. The exhibition is located on the top floor of Shanghai Museum with clearly visible signs.

 Even though I was waiting the River Congo so eagerly I was mildly disappointed for the exhibition mainly due to the fact I have visited Brussels’ Africa Museum which is absolutely magnificent and has set the limit high for me. This one in Shanghai included only some man-figures and masks and in general the exhibition was really small compared to the PR campaign there has been done for it. The info signs next to the items however were well done and explained the history with interesting details.






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti