2013/03/23

Life sign from Shanghai


Around month in Shanghai behind now and I know I have been lazy to write you a post but the truth is, this has been extremely busy time adapting into new culture and taking care of all the bureaucratic work + our internet connection is not designed for uploading pictures...

Pudong

This post is mainly how I am doing. I have other posts on the way coming about my apartment, University, Shopping in Shanghai, Activities, etc.

So far Shanghai has treated me very gently even thought the weather has shown all of its sides from hot afternoon +32 degree temperatures to snow storms and smallish taifun-wind blows. The city itself is absolutely adorable. Forgetting the language, this could be easily some grand western metropoly, especially if walking only in the city centrum. City centrum is quite a large item to handle since it covers around 30 Square kilometers just in the inner ring and the whole Shanghai has a population of around 35 million, according to some sources being the largest city of the world according to the number of population. Mumbai would be the second. Basic idea: I love it here!


Hot Pot - Choose what you want  to eat and prepare it by yourself

I have already taken some routines here additionally for University. Every Wednesday I am playing floorball with the local finnish people for couple of hours. Then again every Wednesday is also Ladies night which means free drinks for ladies almost everywhere in the city. So after the floorball it’s normally a taxi to home, quick shower and heading to the first meeting point of the evening.

Laura already came to visit me - So we had a Ladies night out 

Monday and Tuesdays are normally pretty quiet for me, also because these are the days I have most school. Then on Thursday evenings it’s Mortons. Awesome lounge on Bund where you get free Mortons (super jammy sandwiches) when you buy a 45 RMB Martini, great deal in every way! Thursday I also have Uni only on morning so I usually go wandering to the old town if the weather is nice.

There are plenty of Finnish youngsters in Shanghai and I have had the pleasure to get acquainted with many of them. Actually every months last Friday there is a meeting for all Finnish people in Shanghai at O’Malleys. And on my second week in Shanghai in February I also headed there and met a great deal of these people whom I am now having contacts. I have already found two more or less soul mate girls, Hertta and Eeva, with whom I will definitely keep in touch also after this exchange period. Such a lovely girls!

Eeva, me and Hertta - Ready for the 80's party


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti