2013/02/07

Pai - 23rd - 24th of January



I left from Chiang Mai early yesterday morning and arrived at 10 AM to Pai. Travellers have said to me that Pai is the favorite place in whole Thailand, like small Chiang Mai. Since I wasn’t that impressed of Chiang Mai, I didn’t have big expectations for Pai either. But actually, this is quite charming small town. Not that many people, you can walk to anywhere in the town since the distance from one end of the town to another is only about 1,5 km. 

However I haven’t got the pleasure to enjoy Pai that much since yesterday morning I got a high fewer and immediately when I arrived to Pai and found my hotel I basically slept the whole shivering. In the evening I had to go out since I needed to have water but even the less than 100 m to the closest 7/11 was too much for me and once I got back to my room fall asleep again. 

This morning I already felt better and after walking around the city and couple of hour of cycling outside the city I decided that I need to continue my trip (biggest reason for me to get to Laos is that my Visa expires in couple of days and I don’t want to do just a visa run since I am anyway heading to Laos also) so I booked a ticket to Luang Prabang which would departure this evening 8 PM. It is a one night of driving to the boarder of Laos, and then two days in a slow boat along the Mekong River to Luang Prabang. 

Here are my couple of shots of Pai and my boat trip to Luang Prabang.
                                                              Pai centrum



                                                 View from the river boat








Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti